Here is what I like about this example of a management resume:
- It’s 1.5 pages long, but easy to read.
- He opens with a strong and clear objective.
- He shows his achievements up front under Corporate Contributions, a more elegant way of saying Achievements.
- His work experience shows only 1-2 statements about what he did, but the good stuff was listed up front under Corporate Contributions.
- He does not mention job descriptions, but talks about what he did to benefit the company.
- He also does not even show the year he graduated. Why you ask? Because it’s not necessary.
It’s a really powerful resume.
Here’s Dan’s Resume:
301 Granger Rd. ● Erie, PA 19247 ● 610-370-6047 ● email@example.com
OBJECTIVE: Senior Management in marketing and business development
- Over 20 years of progressive experience managing projects, people, and strategic sales operations on both a domestic and international level.
- Highly skilled in marketing, product development and team facilitation.
- Highly skilled in: Client Relations, Sales Development, Risk Management, Start-Up Operations, Contract Negotiations, Territory Development and International Business.
- Established two overseas reinsurance facilities led by international reinsurers and participating retrocessionaires with capacity of $2M per person and $20M per occurrence.
- Within 4 years achieved a premium in excess of $16M through treaties in nine countries and an underwriting profit of 46%.
- Established a joint venture between a corporation and a group of international investors to form one of Asia’s first managed healthcare services.
- Established and managed an international financial services division serving the Asia-Pacific markets.
- Developed a range of individual and group comprehensive major medical, supplemental, dental, disability, accident and special risk plans targeted to the international market.
- Created and implemented a pharmacy benefit management and mail order prescription drug program to enhance the value of a division’s expatriate product offering.
Broker / Producer, Commerce Insurance Services, 2004 – Present
- Develop and implement market penetration strategies to new region with multi-line capabilities for Property & Casualty, Accident & Health, and Employee Benefits.
- Create marketing strategies to target middle-market segments in the Healthcare, Public Entity, Construction, and Habitational industries.
Business Development Manager, CIGNA CORPORATION, 2001 – 2002
- Developed new, risk-based products to expand the divisional portfolio and ability to enter new markets.
- Created enhancements to an existing product line, conducted market entry research, and identified service enhancements to increase CIGNA’s value-added proposition.
Dan Tobbler, page 2
Regional Vice-President, Asia-Pacific BEST DOCTORS, INC., 1999 – 2001
- Established the Asia Pacific network and developed sales and marketing strategies to access the network for physician referrals, expert second opinions, and discounted hospital access.
Managing Director, D&H Asia DUCANSON & HOLT GROUP, 1991 – 1999
- Created the Southeast Asia Accident Reinsurance Group (SEAARG) facilities with overall management, marketing, and operations responsibility.
- Handled all forms of accident, health, and disability reinsurance, both proportional and non-proportional, as well as treaty and facultative placements.
Deputy Regional Manager, Asia-Pacific AMERICAN INS. GROUP, 1984 – 1991
- Managed and coordinated group insurance and employee benefits operations of the AIG Asian regional network of companies towards increasing revenue, profit, and market share.
- Developed and implemented strategic business and marketing plans for group and financial service products throughout Southeast Asia.
Western Regional Manager AIG-GROUP MANAGEMENT DIVISION, 1982 – 1984
- Developed new business and maintained existing accounts in the international employee benefits portfolio for six western states.
Bachelor of Arts, Economics, Villanova University
Certificate, Executive Decision Analysis American Management
Example of a management resume